What Does a CSA Do?
CSA Job Description
The individual designated as the Campus Survey Administrator (CSA) plays a critical role in the success of the MISO Survey on your campus. The CSA acts as the primary point of contact between your institution and the MISO Survey Team and manages all aspects of Survey preparation at your institution. Preparations for the Survey take place during the Fall semester, the Survey is administered early in the Spring semester, and review of your results begins in late Spring. CSAs are expected to be available the week before the survey’s launch, as well as during the first and second weeks of the survey’s administration.
Duties of the Campus Survey Administrator
- Review the material on the MISO website and consult with your MISO Team liaison.
- Discuss the Survey with your organization’s management team and governance groups on campus to gain their support and assistance.
- Submit a proposal to the Institutional Review Board (IRB) about the Survey.
- Provide documentation of IRB approval or exemption to the MISO Team.
- Attend online workshops that will be scheduled to coincide with the work a CSA will be expected to do over the course of the survey cycle.
- Decide on which campus populations to survey (guidelines are provided) to determine if a split sample is needed.
- Work with appropriate managers and leaders at your institution to review each question carefully, determine which questions to include, select the proper customizations when required, and develop local questions if needed.
- Complete all Survey preparation deliverables, working in collaboration with your MISO Team liaisons.
- Proivde institution-specific information for invitation and reminder messages.
- Review and approve your Survey instruments.
- Coordinate with your email administrator regarding technical preparations for the Survey, including SPAM and DKIM preparations.
- Provide the names and email addresses for your faculty, staff, and students to MISO Survey Administrators and work with them to conduct a dress rehearsal.
- Coordinate with appropriate leadership to send a campus announcement message.
- Respond to messages and requests from members of your campus community invited to participate in the Survey.
- Submit institutional data used in analysis of the Survey results.
- After the survey, participate in the analysis of your results, interpret the information gained from the Survey, and communicate these findings within your campus community.